Youth Hockey 1-2-3
Our Summer 2021 Series On Sale NOW!
July 5 to September 4
Scroll Down to View the Class Schedule
With the State of California reopening on a larger scale today, June 15th, we are announcing the following updates to our facility policies and procedures:
Until further notice, masks will continue to be required at all times inside the facility. We anticipate updates to this policy as more information becomes available from state and local officials in regards to indoor sports.
- Temperature checks and health screenings will no longer be required for entry.
- A reminder, if you feel sick or have had close contact with anyone currently COVID positive, please stay home.
- Individual program check in’s will still be in place where appropriate.
- No limit on additional spectators and/or public non participants.
- We ask that all spectators remain in designated seating areas, avoid gathering around rink entrances and exits.
- We will no longer require social distancing at all times, although it is still encouraged.
- You are able to enter and exit the facility at any time, before or after your program.
- Full capacity locker room usage may resume at all facilities.
During our COVID-19 reopening, we learned many valuable procedures that we will continue to employ moving forward. Enhanced cleaning measures, frequency of sanitization and many more policies have been updated to reflect our commitment to cleanliness inside our facilities for our customer and employee safety.
We look forward to seeing all of our skaters and players back on the ice this summer!
This class is open to children ages 5 and up and is an introductory class to the fundamentals of hockey skating. It is heavily recommended for children to have already completed a skating class: Tots, Youth Beginner 1 Learn to Skate, or another comparable class at another rink.
Skate Rental is Not Included
Skate Rental (Price of 10): $50.00
Please ensure that you bring your receipt on your next visit to the Oakland Ice Center in order to redeem your skate rental booklet.
The program is divided into three levels: Hockey 1, Hockey 2, and Hockey 3, with corresponding increasing levels of difficulty. A few examples are listed below and required for each level, in order for each skater to move on to the next level.
- A helmet is required and a jersey of their choice is welcome.
- Sticks are allowed but no pucks will be used.
- If you have full gear the skater is welcome to wear it.
- Sit on ice and stand up
- March forward, two foot glide
- Snowplow stop, one foot or both
- Backward stance and gliding
- Skating forward using full strides
- Forward one-foot glides, right and left
- Forward stop and start
- Backward C-cuts, right and left
- Hockey turns, right and left
Upon completion of Hockey 3, skaters will have the option of joining the Oakland Bears In-House Hockey League. Kids are also given an opportunity to join the Cub Hockey Program.
July 8 - September 2
Hockey 2, Hockey 3 - 5:45 - 6:30 PM
July 10 - September 4
Hockey 2, Hockey 3 - 8:00 - 8:45 AM
Hockey 1 - 10:45 - 11:30 AM
NO CREDITS OR REFUNDS - ALL SALES ARE FINAL
Dalziel Garage: Free parking is available for all OIC patrons at the Dalziel Garage on 15th Street between San Pablo and Clay Streets (1 block from the rink—see map below) from 4pm to 1am Friday evening and Saturday from 8am to 1am. Please make sure to request validation upon entering the garage in order to receive free parking during these hours.
18th & San Pablo Surface Lot: Parking is available in this lot for up to four hours, for a fee of $2 per hour. PARKING IS FREE IN THIS LOT ON SUNDAY.
Street Parking: Metered 2-hour parking is enforced around our building on Friday until 6pm and Saturday from 8am to 6pm. STREET PARKING AFTER THESE HOURS AND ON SUNDAY IS FREE