Do you enjoy bocce ball or shuffleboard? If so, then chances are good that you'll love the popular sport of curling!
The game is easy to learn and is great for individuals or groups of all shapes, sizes and skill levels. Over the past few years, the sport has become quite a hit as part of our corporate or group events as it caters to everyone, is somewhat competitive in nature, and most importantly it's safe and fun!
Corporate/Group Event Curling Prices
Private Curling events are typically 1.5 hours long and available on weekdays in the early afternoon and weekends.
All pricing includes 1.5 hours of private ice rental, all necessary equipment rental, and instructors on the ice with you for the duration of your event.
- $1,215.00 minimum charge for groups between 1 - 15 people
- $80 per person for groups of up to 20 people
- $70 per person for groups of 21-30 people
- $64 per person for groups of 31+
For more information about available days and times please contact us
Learn To Curl Events
Have you ever wanted to try your hand at curling? Here is an opportunity for you! Sharks Ice Curling offers Learn-to-Curl events year round to the public. These events require no experience and are a great outing for all ages and abilities. The first half of these events will run you through some brief history of the sport of curling as well as teach you the basics and fundamental techniques in order to play. The second half will be spent playing a mini-game, space and time permitting. The cost includes all the equipment and instruction necessary to play. Come as a group or by yourself, all are welcome!
- View Days & Times (You may need to create and account in DASH to view the schedule.)
- Cost: $40 - per person
Details of the Sport
- Curling is a team game. Local teams are organized by members as they are for bowling or golf leagues and can be categorized into mens, ladies, couples, juniors, seniors, or family groups. Teams can also be organized for special competitions or groups of any age or skill level. Curlers interested in state, national and world competition can enter many events to sharpen their skills.
- Each team has a skip that acts as team captain and strategist. Strategy is a major factor in curling and is as important as shooting skill. Some people call curling “chess on ice”.
- Each player shoots or delivers two stones at each end, or inning, alternating with their counterpart on the opposing team. Curling is designed to allow play in both directions. All four team members shoot two stones at each end and sweep for their teammates’ shots. While one player shoots, two sweep as needed. Sweeping polishes the ice so the stone travels farther and vigorous sweeping requires fitness.
- The object of shooting is to get the stone, or rock, to come to rest at a predetermined place (a draw or guard) or to move another rock (a takeout or raise). The score is determined after each end of 16 stones. A 12-foot circle, the house, is the scoring area. Stones in the house must be closer to the tee (center) than any opposing stone to score. The maximum score in one end is eight points. Typically, one to three points are scored.
- Professional games are 8 or 10 ends, lasting 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Curling equipment includes a specially made broom or brush (clubs often furnish brooms for new curlers). Many curlers wear colorful curling sweaters, but any loose fitting, layered clothing can be worn. For the delivery, a “slider” should be worn on the sliding foot to allow a long, smooth-sliding follow through. (Sliders will be provided)
- Private Curling events are typically 1.5 hours long and available on weekdays in the early afternoon and weekends.
- All pricing includes 1.5 hours of private ice rental, all necessary equipment rental, and instructors on the ice with you for the duration of your event.