Let Oakland Ice and our Party Captains take the hassle away from planning and throwing your child’s next birthday party.
Our Party Captains will help your party throughout Public Session, teach a skating lesson to all party guests and play games with the birthday participants throughout the party with special attention for the Birthday Child.
Hat Trick Birthday Package
- Initial package starts at $380 for a 3-hour event up to 10 people
- Party is 1 hour in the party room and 2 hours ice skating with the public session. Skating first or eating first is determined based on the time frame of the party in accordance with our public session schedule - Party Coordinator will reach out once your booking is confirmed stating which hour your party room time will be.
- Free Admission for the birthday child!
- $38 per guest over the initial 10 guests covered in package (please contact our Event Coordinator if you will be expecting more than 10 guests)
- $18 for Adult Party Skaters.
- Party Captain as a host for your party.
- 2 hours of skating, skate rental included for each guest.
- Introductory skating lesson with your captain.
- 1 Hour in a Party Room, including:
- Two Pizzas and two pitchers of soft drink (carbonated and non-carbonated options available). Add one more of each item for every five additional guests. Cake is not provided, so you can bring a store bought cake in. No other outside food or beverages can be brought in. Your package also includes plates, napkins, cups and a table covering for your party room.
Reserve your party today! Now booking parties for February and March!
Once online booking is confirmed by our Party Coordinator, they will reach out to confirm your party and the time of your party room. All parties must be confirmed by our Party Coordinator.
- 6:15-7:15pm Party Room + 7:15-9:15pm Skating
- 12:00-1:00pm Party Room + 1:00-3:00pm Skating
- 3:00-4:00pm Party Room + 1:00-3:00pm Skating
- 2:00-3:00pm Party Room + 3:15-5:15pm Skating
- 5:15-6:15pm Party Room + 3:15-5:15pm Skating
- 6:15-7:15pm Pizza Party + 7:15-9:15pm Skating
- 12:00-1:00pm Pizza Party + 1:00-3:00pm Skating
- 3:00-4:00pm Pizza Party + 1:00-3:00pm Skating
- 2:00-3:00pm Pizza Party + 3:15-5:15pm Skating
- 5:15-6:15pm Pizza Party + 3:15-5:15pm Skating
How do I make a reservation?
Reservations can be made by emailing our Birthday Party Coordinator or call 669-800-6471.
Can I make changes to my party packages once I make a reservation?
Upon booking, a deposit for the minimum of 10 kids is required. If you have additional kids or would like additional food that can be taken care of the week of the party with the Party Coordinator. If you would like to order food from our catering menu, that must be done by the Monday before party date.
The deposit is non-refundable. Parties can be rescheduled based on availability.
What is the cancellation policy?
There are no cancellations or refunds for birthday parties.
Do Birthday Parties get their own rink to skate on?
No, all birthday parties will be joined on the ice during public session with other skaters during this time.
What is the rate for adults?
Adults can be handled a couple of different ways:
- If they are not skating or eating there is no additional cost for them. If you would like to provide food for the parents, that is just the cost of the food.
- If the parents would like to skate they can go to the front desk and pay for their own admission for $22/person or they can be added to your bill for $18/person. Both prices include skate rental and admissions.
Is the birthday child included in the price of the party?
The birthday child is included for free in the party packages. The deposit for 10 guests, which is due at the time of booking, does not include the birthday child.
Is there a minimum age for the children who are participating in the party?
We recommend that our guests are at least 3 years of age; however, there is no minimum age to participate in a birthday party. Please note that the smallest skate size for toddlers is 6. We recommend younger skaters to be accompanied by an adult.
Can I bring in additional decorations, snacks, beverages or gift bags?
If you would like to bring in additional decorations such as balloons, banners, etc. you are more than welcome.You may also bring in additional goodie bags to go along with our party favors. Small goodie bags or candies fit really well into the Zambonis included with the package.
No outside food or drink is allowed, except for a store-bought birthday cake or cupcakes with the purchase of a party package.
What is included in the party favors?
Zambonis: Cardboard cartons the party guests fold up to take home with them. Additional goodie bags or candy fit really nicely into them.
What is a Party Captain?
A Party Captain is the party host for the session. Party Captains give lessons on the ice for the kids, free skate with the guests throughout the party, serve food and cake in party room, and help clean up throughout the party.
Is there a waiver that needs to be signed?
The party guests do not have to sign a waiver. All guests will be required to wear stickers for admittance onto the ice.
Is gratuity included for the Party Captains that assist my party?
Gratuity is not included but is based on your experience and enjoyment of the party. Any gratuity amount is sincerely appreciated.
Downloadable Party Invitations
Download the Oakland Ice invitation to Party With The Sharks! Mail or distribute to all party guests (includes map and contact information for Sharks Ice). Print, Fold, and Mail your invitations:
Terms & Conditions
- Full Payment is Required at time of booking. All sales are final. Sorry no refunds.
- You are welcome to bring a commercially prepared birthday cake and small gift bags.
- NO ADDITIONAL FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED. (Please bring your own plates, forks and cake knife for your cake.)
- NO candles for cakes are allowed
- Additional Food Service is available at our snack bar. Selected items will be available for add on through the checkout process.
- All children are required to pay whether they are skating or simply participating in the party festivities.
- You may choose to have a combination of children and adults to meet your minimum 10 guest requirement.
- The birthday party child is free, which means they are not included in the 10 guests minimum requirement.
- Adults are not required to pay if they choose to observe only.
My daughter attended a birthday party today from 12-3pm. My daughter had a blast today with you today and while she has been hesitant to take lessons in the past she had so much fun with you today that she was asking if you taught any of the group skate classes as she would love to have you as her teacher!
Zeenat, April 2018
Thank you for helping us celebrate our daughters birthday - it was so memorable and stress free! Everyone from the scheduling to the host was great - it was all better than we expected!
Bonnie, December 2023
The party captain was attentive, easy to work with and provided an excellent lesson. My child had no experience skating before her party and left feeling confident on the ice.
Felicia, January 2024