Birthday Party Packages
Let Oakland Ice and our Party Captains take the hassle away from planning and throwing your child’s next birthday party. Our Party Captains will help your party throughout Public Session, teach a skating lesson to all party guests and play games with the birthday participants throughout the party with special attention for the Birthday Child.
Oakland Ice offers the following Party Package:
Hat Trick Birthday – 10 or more guests
- Initial package starts at $300.00 for a 3-hour event up to 10 people
- Party is broken up into 1 hour in the party room and 2 hours on the ice skating. Skating first or eating first is determined based on the time frame of the party in accordance with our public session schedule
- Free Admission for the birthday child!
- $30.00 per guest over initial 10 guests covered in package (please contact our Event Coordinator if you will be expecting more than 10 guests).
- Party Captain as a host for your party.
- 2 hours of skating, skate rental included for each guest.
- Introductory skating lesson with your captain.
- 1 Hour in a Party Room, including:
- Two Pizzas and two pitchers of soft drink (carbonated and non-carbonated options available). Add one more of each item for every five additional guests. Your package also includes plates, napkins, cups and a table covering for your party room.
- Fresh local bakery cake or cupcakes available for order or you are welcome to bring your own cake (if you bring your own, it must be commercially prepared).
Please contact our Oakland Event Coordinator with any questions. Ask about our specialty catering menu!
*NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED BESIDES CAKES/CUPCAKES SPECIFIED ABOVE*
Terms and Conditions
Full Payment is Required at time of booking. All sales are final. Sorry no refunds.
- You are welcome to bring a commercially prepared birthday cake and small gift bags.
- NO ADDITIONAL FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED. (Please bring your own plates, forks and cake knife for your cake.)
- NO candles for cakes are allowed
- Additional Food Service is available at our snack bar. Selected items will be available for add on through the checkout process.
- All children are required to pay whether they are skating or simply participating in the party festivities.
- You may choose to have a combination of children and adults to meet your minimum 10 guest requirement.
- The birthday party child is free, which means they are not included in the 10 guests minimum requirement.
- Adults are not required to pay if they choose to observe only.
"My daughter attended a birthday party today from 12-3pm. My daughter had a blast today with you today and while she has been hesitant to take lessons in the past she had so much fun with you today that she was asking if you taught any of the group skate classes as she would love to have you as her teacher! "
-Zeenat, April 2018
Thanks for doing such a great job with them today!!!
"I skate here often on an adult league and at times for the adult hockey classes, and in general, I like it. It's my meditation and exercise in one.
At times the front desk staff, who are super nice, struggle to navigate their computer system and their website is confusing for being a big operation in the middle of the tech capitol of the world. But hey, it's more about the skating, right?
However, this review is for the birthday party we had here for my 7yo son a couple of weeks ago.
I exchanged a couple of messages with Zach, the man in charge of events there. It was pretty straight forward and he helped me set it up relatively easily.
My expectations were pretty low. I figured we were essentially renting the little party room (which is frankly a bit drab) and buying some over priced pizza before we hit the ice to flail around with a bunch of kids. NOT the case. Zach and team were awesome. Super helpful, accommodating and friendly. The pizza was pretty decent, things went smoothly, and I was surprised to learn that the party included some of the rink to ourselves as well as a little lesson on basics for the kids.
Zach and the other staff were really attentive to the kids on the ice. Showing them little tips, helping them get around and try new things.
My 5yo daughter was crushing on Zach in no time, wanted no help from dad and only wanted to skate with Zach.
All in all it was great. My expectation were exceeded and my son said it was "his best birthday ever'." -Colin, October 2017
“Everyone who was there was so impressed at how hands on the captains were and what a great experience the kids had due to the involvement of our captains.”
- Lisa, March 2012
“Michelle (Party Captain) was a wonderful host. She took care of everything flawlessly. She made all the difference!”
- Pranash, March 2012
“It was absolutely wonderful. All kids, regardless of it being their first or tenth time skating had a smile on their face the whole time. All the other parents complimented me with the choice of venue.”
- Frederieke, March 2012
“Our party captain, Ernestine, was the best! Very engaged in the children and worked hard to ensure that everything ran perfectly”
- Rachel, March 2012
“Amy (Party Captain) did an excellent job. She was really friendly with our kids and had a great attitude! Thank you.”
- Sophia, February 2012
“Everything was GREAT! Michelle our party captain was fabulous! We had a great party experience, I would recommend to a friend or have another party here!”
- Isabella, February 2012
“Janice (Party Captain) was an amazing captain! This was the easiest birthday party we’ve done.”
- Gavin, February 2012
“Catherine (Party Captain) was AWESOME! She was really great and we loved how she took time to make it special for Devin and for the kids that didn’t know how to skate.”
- Heather, November 2011
Downloadable Party Invitations
Download the Oakland Ice invitation to Party With The Sharks! Mail or distribute to all party guests (includes map and contact information for Sharks Ice). Print, Fold, and Mail your invitations: