Sharks High School Hockey League Fall/Winter JV 2017-18
Sharks Ice is proud to bring you the Sharks High School Hockey League, the premier high school ice hockey league in Northern California. We offer two separate divisions, a Fall Junior Varsity (September - March) and a Spring Varsity (March - June) division. Unlike traditional high school sports, where Junior Varsity and Varsity are decided by age, our divisions are grouped exclusively by skill level. The Junior Varsity division will be made up of recreation/in-house and B travel level players that will be separated into three subdivisions (JV-A, JV-B, & JV-C) based on skill, with JV-C being non-check. The Varsity division will be comprised of tier and travel level players. No matter what your skill level, we have a team for you.
All players must be currently enrolled in a Northern California High School and must provide all of their own HECC approved equipment. Oakland Based teams will practice and play home games at the Oakland Ice Center and play away games at Sharks Ice at San Jose & Fremont. Most games will take place on weekends with an occasional game being played on a week night.
After payment, you will need to register with Solar4America Ice at San Jose
Please note that you must select East Bay Dragons as your team!
- Wednesday, September 13: 5:30 - 6:30pm
- Friday, September 15: 8:00 - 9:00pm
- Wednesday, September 20: 5:30 - 6:30pm
- Friday, September 22: 8:00 - 9:00pm
- Wednesday, September 27: 5:30 - 6:30pm
First Practice for all teams is Friday, October 6th, 2017 @ 8:00 - 9:00pm.
- We will place teams in appropriate divisions based on skill: JVA, JVB & JVC (no check)
- Games begin Saturday, October 14th, 2017 and end with Final Games & Playoffs in early March 2017
- Season consists of 5 evaluation sessions, 15 practices, 12 games, plus playoffs (not all teams make playoffs)
- Individual Player Fee of $920.00 includes all ice time and a home and away set of jerseys/socks
All Players Must Submit the Following:
- Current and Valid USA Hockey Registration Confirmation Number
- Sharks Ice Waiver
- CAHA Concussion Acknowledgement Form
- Photocopy of Current High School ID Card
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Drivers License (Only if new to Sharks High School Hockey League)
Please make sure all documents are filled out correctly and neatly. Regardless if you pay online, all paperwork listed below must be completed and turned in to the Okland Ice Center.
Please contact Chi-Yin Tse, Hockey Manager if you have any questions
All Sharks Ice Coaches are Background Screened
ALL DECISIONS MADE BY SHARKS ICE ARE FINAL
No Refunds, All Sales are Final
For More Information or Interested in Volunteer Coaching?
Please contact Chi-Yin Tse, Oakland Hockey Manager the with any additional questions.
Ice Hockey is a contact sport, thus requiring proper equipment to keep everybody safe. All players need to have the following HECC approved equipment before they take the ice:
- Hockey helmet with full cage
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Ice hockey pants
- Athletic supporter with cup for males and pelvic protector for females
- Shin pads
- Ice hockey skates
- Ice hockey gloves
- Hockey stick
- Mouth guard (required for Bantams and older, but recommended for all age divisions)
The Oakland Ice Center Pro Shop carries all of the above items. The staff can help fit your player with proper equipment to make sure they are ready to go. In addition to the above equipment, a light-weight jersey and ice hockey socks should be purchased to wear for practices.