Sharks High School Hockey League Fall/Winter JV 2018-19
The 2018-19 Junior Varsity (Fall/Winter) Season, which runs late September through March, starts with approximately three evaluation sessions in which Sharks Ice Staff Coaches evaluate players to determine which of our divisions suits them best.
The JV league is made up of three divisions: Junior Varsity - A (JVA), Junior Varsity - B (JVB) and Junior Varsity - C (JVC).
JV-A and JV-B are full check, while JV-C is non-check for more novice level players. The three divisions allow the Sharks High School League to form teams in appropriate skill levels to create a competitive and fun atmosphere for all.
Sharks Ice also looks to collaborate schools from the same geographical areas to form teams. Most games will be played on weekends, with an occasional weeknight game. Teams out of the Oakland Ice Center will play a majority of their games in Oakland with the possibility of 3-4 games at Solar4America Ice at Fremont and/or Solar4America Ice at San Jose.
To register as a team, the cost will be:
After payment, you will need to register with Solar4America Ice at San Jose
- Friday, September 14: 8:00 - 9:00pm
- Friday, September 21: 8:00 - 9:00pm
- Friday, September 28: 8:00 - 9:00pm
First Practice for all teams is Friday, October 5th, 2018 @ 8:00 - 9:00pm.
- We will place teams in appropriate divisions based on skill: JVA, JVB & JVC (no check)
- Games begin in October 2018 and end with Final Games & Playoffs in March 2019
- Season consists of 3 evaluation sessions, 15 practices, 15 games, plus playoffs (not all teams make playoffs)
- Individual Player Fee of $955.00 includes all ice time and a home and away set of jerseys/socks
All Players Must Submit the Following:
- Current and Valid USA Hockey Registration Confirmation Number
- Sharks Ice Waiver
- CAHA Concussion Acknowledgement Form
- Concussion Information Sheet
- Photocopy of Current High School ID Card
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Drivers License (Only if new to Sharks High School Hockey League)
Please make sure all documents are filled out correctly and neatly. Regardless if you pay online, all paperwork listed below must be completed and turned in to the Okland Ice Center.
Please contact Chi-Yin Tse, Hockey Manager if you have any questions
All Sharks Ice Coaches are Background Screened
ALL DECISIONS MADE BY SHARKS ICE ARE FINAL
No Refunds, All Sales are Final
For More Information or Interested in Volunteer Coaching?
Please contact Chi-Yin Tse, Oakland Hockey Manager the with any additional questions.
Ice Hockey is a contact sport, thus requiring proper equipment to keep everybody safe. All players need to have the following HECC approved equipment before they take the ice:
- Hockey helmet with full cage
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Ice hockey pants
- Athletic supporter with cup for males and pelvic protector for females
- Shin pads
- Ice hockey skates
- Ice hockey gloves
- Hockey stick
- Mouth guard (required for Bantams and older, but recommended for all age divisions)
The Oakland Ice Center Pro Shop carries all of the above items. The staff can help fit your player with proper equipment to make sure they are ready to go. In addition to the above equipment, a light-weight jersey and ice hockey socks should be purchased to wear for practices.