Sharks High School Hockey League Fall/Winter JV 2016 & Spring Varsity 2017
Sharks Ice is proud to bring you the 17th season of the Sharks High School Hockey League, the premier high school ice hockey league in Northern California. We offer two separate divisions, a Fall Junior Varsity (September - March) and a Spring Varsity (March - June) division. Unlike traditional high school sports, where Junior Varsity and Varsity are decided by age, our divisions are grouped exclusively by skill level. The Junior Varsity division will be made up of recreation/in-house and B travel level players that will be separated into three subdivisions (JV-A, JV-B, & JV-C) based on skill, with JV-C being non-check. The Varsity division will be comprised of tier and travel level players. No matter what your skill level, we have a team for you.
All players must be currently enrolled in a Northern California High School and must provide all of their own HECC approved equipment. Oakland Based teams will practice and play home games at the Oakland Ice Center and play away games at Sharks Ice at San Jose & Fremont. Most games will take place on weekends with an occasional game being played on a week night.
First Practice for all teams is Monday, October 10, 2016 @ 6:30-7:30pm. The Devils and Dragons will practice every Monday 6:30-7:30pm. Except November 21, December 19 & 26.
Oakland Junior Varsity Teams Fall/Winter 2016-17
- Evaluations Schedule:
- Monday, September 12: 6:30-7:30pm
- Friday, September 16: 8:00-9:00pm
- Monday, September 19: 6:30-7:30pm
- Monday, September 26: 6:30-7:30pm
- Friday, September 30: 8:00-9:00pm
- Monday, October 3: 6:30-7:30pm
Friday, Ocotber 7: 8:00-9:00pm
First Practice for all teams is Monday, October 10, 2016 @ 6:30-7:30pm. The Devils and Dragons will practice every Monday 6:30-7:30pm, Except November 21, December 19 & 26.
- We will Field one team in each division: JVA, JVB & JVC (no check)
- Games begin Saturday, October 15 2016 and end with Final Games & Playoffs in early March 2017
- Season consists of 7 evaluation sessions, 15 practices, 12 games, plus playoffs (not all teams make playoffs)
- Individual Player Fee of $860.00 includes all ice time and a home and away set of jerseys/socks
Oakland Flames Varsity Team Spring 2017
- Coaches TBD
- Tryouts are Mid March 2017
- Players are not guaranteed a roster spot and if they do not make a team, fees will be refunded
- Games Begin the third week of March and will conclude in early June
- 12 Games on weekends with 6 games at Oakland Ice Center
- 10 Practices
- Game Jerseys and Socks Provided
- Players with AAA, AA, & A level of experience recommended
- Player Fee TBD which includes a home and away set of jerseys/socks and practice and game ice
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR FALL 2016 JV
All Players Must Submit the Following:
- Current and Valid USA Hockey Registration Confirmation Number
- Sharks Ice Waiver
- USA Hockey Consent to Treat
- USA Hockey Code of Conduct Form
- CAHA Concussion Acknowledgement Form
- Photocopy of Current High School ID Card
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Drivers License (Only if new to Sharks High School Hockey League)
Please make sure all documents are filled out correctly and neatly. Regardless if you pay online, all paperwork listed below must be completed and turned in to the Okland Ice Center.
Please contact Derek Donald, Hockey Manager if you have any questions
All Sharks Ice Coaches are Background Screened
ALL DECISIONS MADE BY SHARKS ICE ARE FINAL
No Refunds, All Sales are Final
For More Information or Interested in Volunteer Coaching?
Please contact Derek Donald, Oakland Hockey Manager the with any additional questions.
Ice Hockey is a contact sport, thus requiring proper equipment to keep everybody safe. All players need to have the following HECC approved equipment before they take the ice:
- Hockey helmet with full cage
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Ice hockey pants
- Athletic supporter with cup for males and pelvic protector for females
- Shin pads
- Ice hockey skates
- Ice hockey gloves
- Hockey stick
- Mouth guard (required for Bantams and older, but recommended for all age divisions)
The Oakland Ice Center Pro Shop carries all of the above items. The staff can help fit your player with proper equipment to make sure they are ready to go. In addition to the above equipment, a light-weight jersey and ice hockey socks should be purchased to wear for practices.