Dear Sharks Ice families:
As many of you have already heard, Alameda County’s Health Officer has joined with five other Bay Area health officers in implementing a Stay At Home order effective Monday, December 7. The new restrictions will be in effect for the foreseeable future. Among other suspended activities, the on-ice youth classes, camps and clinics we have been offering must temporarily cease beginning on Monday. Programs will continue as planned through Sunday, December 6.
It deeply saddens us not to be able to offer these healthy activities and childcare options for the children in our community. At the same time, we respect the county’s guidance and are proud to continue to do our part to ensure the public safety. We sincerely hope the current initiative will help to drive down the community spread of COVID-19 in the Bay Area, and that we will be able to pick up where we are leaving off in the new year.
We are exploring the opportunity for outdoor classes, virtual programs, and other approved activities. In the meantime, please stay safe and enjoy your holiday season.
Due to the guidlines set by the county in regard to social distancing this camp is geared towards young skaters who have been in a Learn to Skate Class Lesson program previously.
We have the greenlight from the County of Alameda to offer summer camps under some very strict guidelines.
- Maximum of 15 children per group, with no more than 2 groups on one ice surface.
- Due to the Social Distancing protocols set in place we do not recommend that children with no skating experience enroll.
- Campers must be 7+ years of age.
- Each camper must be registered as an individual to verify their age.
- Children cannot have been enrolled in another child care or summer camp program within three weeks before the first date of the camp.
- Instructors stay with the same group all week and no others.
- Campers and instructors only allowed in the building, parents must meet instructors outside.
- An EMT will conduct health checks every morning before entry to the building, and should a child fail this test (including temperature over 100.4, exhibiting any symptoms for otherwise unexplained reasons, exposure to someone believed to have COVID in the past 14 days, etc.), they cannot attend camp that day.
- For our four hour camps, Campers bring their own snacks and lunch, “pack in/pack out” style.
- All Alameda County COVID standards apply (facemasks required for everyone over the age of 2, 6 foot social distances maintained whenever possible, etc.).
- Before enrolling please review our COVID 19 page HERE
- Our Pro Shop is open by APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Please send an email to [email protected] to book an appointment.
- This will include skate sharpening, skate fitting, and anything you may need. (Mittens, socks, skate guards for outside to walk into building with) etc.
- All social distancing procedures and masks will be required