ADULT HOCKEY CLASS
FALL 2020 SUNDAY'S 12:30PM
We have the greenlight from the County of Alameda to offer Learn to Skate classes for youth and adults under some very strict guidelines.
- Maximum of 30 skaters on the ice at a time.
- NO parents, caregivers or spectators are allowed in the rinks.
- Your skater needs to know how to tie their own skates.
- If your skater owns their own skates, please put them on before entering the building.
- Due to the Social Distancing protocols set in place we do not recommend that children with no skating experience enroll.
- Youth skaters must be 7+ years of age.
- Each skater must be registered as an individual to verify their age.
- Campers and instructors only allowed in the building, parents must meet instructors outside.
- Health checks are required before entry to the building, and should a skater fail this test (including temperature over 100.4, exhibiting any symptoms for otherwise unexplained reasons, exposure to someone believed to have COVID in the past 14 days, etc.), they cannot attend camp that day.
- All Alameda County COVID standards apply (facemasks required for everyone over the age of 2, 6 foot social distances maintained whenever possible, etc.).
- Before enrolling please review our COVID 19 page HERE
- Our Pro Shop is open by APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Please send an email to [email protected] to book an appointment.
- This will include skate sharpening, skate fitting, and anything you may need. (Mittens, socks, skate guards for outside to walk into building with) etc.
- All social distancing procedures and masks will be required
We offer adult hockey classes designed to challenge any adult hockey player (18+) who's looking to learn new skills, hone the skills they have or just work up a sweat after a long day. For many, our Adult Hockey Classes are taken in preparation for play in our Sharks Ice Adult Hockey League (SIAHL). Though it is not mandatory for new players to follow the entire class progression listed below, we do recommend taking all of the classes in order for the player to maximize his/her enjoyment in the sport.
Each class is open to ALL skill levels. We will teach and work on some basic individual skills as one group and will be with your specific group when working on concept skills and small area games.
SKATE RENTAL IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION COST FOR ANY CLASS – 12-session skate rental books are available at the front desk at a discounted price of $50 (12 skate rentals for the price of 10).
- Full Gear is REQUIRED. If you forget a piece of gear, everything is available for purchase in our Pro Shop.
- No Credits or Refunds
- 10% discount for Oakland Residents with valid ID
PARKING AT THE OIC
Dalziel Garage: Free parking is available for all OIC patrons at the Dalziel Garage on 15th Street between San Pablo and Clay Streets (1 block from the rink—see map below) from 4pm to 1am Friday evening and Saturday from 8am to 1am. Please make sure to request validation upon entering the garage in order to receive free parking during these hours.
18th & San Pablo Surface Lot: Parking is available in this lot for up to four hours, for a fee of $2 per hour.
Street Parking: Metered 2-hour parking is enforced around our building on Friday until 6pm and Saturday from 8am to 6pm. STREET PARKING AFTER THESE HOURS AND ON SUNDAY IS FREE